Sunday, February 8, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New (Southridge #3)

This is what you call gearing up for getting down:
Well I finally broke down and started the season. (I guess it's still the pre-season officially.) It felt good to get out the cobwebs and get the train a rolling. Of course, the outcome was not quite what one would hope as I almost destroyed my bike and DNF'ed a mile from the finish in third place w/ second place in sight. (I sent a derailleur into the spokes and put a enormous gouge in a carbon frame.) Funny thing is that my mechanic genius Feller John over at the PedalSmith warned me the day before that the derailleur hanger was finished and should be replaced.

Did I listen?

Colin's season started off pretty rough as well: (Face first in a mud puddle the size of a Volkswagon.)


Me and "The Boy," will spend the next two weeks regrouping and see you on the start line.....

My favorite quote/statement(s) of the weekend: Courtney (My lovely Wife) stated: "Did you know that you have a whole in the ass of your shorts?" at the beginning of the race followed by "You looked like you were homeless." as I limped back to the van after the race.

No comments: